Lego Mindstorms 2020 and beyond.


Lego has launched a new version of Mindstorms and it is available in two flavours - Lego Spike Prime for education and Lego Robot Inventor for home use.  


I have recently purchased the 51515 Robot Inventor set and thought rather than storing all of my notes in MS OneNote for my own private use, I might as well share them on a blog for all to see. Although my notes will be specifically about the Robot Inventor set, most of them will also be relevant to the Spike Prime Education set, especially those relating to programming in Scratch and Python.

I am currently working through building and experimenting with the 5 standard robots but have already started to code some of the supplied programs in Python.

A bit about myself. I have been programming (as a hobby) for over 30 years, and more recently as a Computer Science / ICT Teacher have taught Scratch and Python to secondary school students for over 10 years. Whilst teaching I have also worked with Mindstorms NXT and EV3.

Initially, I want to focus on the programming side of things, as most of us can build Lego without much help!  But I do have a couple of ideas for future builds so might document them as well.

If you have any suggestions for future topics to be covered, please use the comments below. 





Tricky

Comments